Winter season is all about soups in our house. We have our favorite winter soups like clear chicken soup, broccoli soup, and pumpkin soup, but we also like to try new combinations in soups for variety.
This easy red pepper soup ticks off all the boxes when it comes to comfort and warmth for the winter months.
Red bell peppers are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, beta-carotene, potassium, and folate.
Roasting the red bell peppers reduces some of the Vitamin C, but you can always pair it with a fresh salad or tomato sandwich to add more Vitamin C-rich foods to the meal.
In case you are wondering,
WHAT TO SERVE WITH RED PEPPER SOUP?
Depending on the soup recipe you are going with you can either pair it with sweet or savory sides to balance out the flavors.
This roasted pepper tomato soup recipe is more on the savory side and the soup in itself is very light, in that case, it would pair well with other cheesy or hearty sides.
Some examples could be,
Toasted garlic cheese bread
Tomato and cheese sandwich
Mediterranean lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, black olives, and feta salad
Baked mozzarella sticks
THE BEST ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SOUP RECIPE
Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- 2 tomatoes roasted
- 1 large red bell pepper roasted
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 11/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- On an open flame roast the red bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Peel off the charred skin and chop it into pieces.
- In a hot soup pot add oil followed by garlic and onion.
- Once the onions are translucent add in the roasted tomato and bell pepper pieces.
- Add the water and seasoning and let the soup simmer on a medium flame for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, cool completely and blend in a mixer.
- Before serving warm the soup and add some cream on top.
For more yummy winter soups recipes check this previous post of mine.
Try this simple and warming red pepper soup and let me know how you like it.
Until next time!