There is no other time I felt more helpless as a mother than when my child was teething. Teething pain can be really tough for little ones. Especially, when they are breaking their molars. Other than the usual natural teething remedies, a few teething foods are also helpful in relieving some of the pain the child is in. Here is a quick and healthy homemade teething biscuits recipe that you can try the next time your toddler is feeling the teething pain.
The idea here is to make a hard rusk like teething biscuit that the child can chew on. The hard texture of the biscuit will provide much needed pressure on the gums to relieve some of the pain and inflammation.
Even though most recipes for hard teething biscuits mention them as appropriate for babies too, I would still steer away from hard foods for babies. In my own experience, I found homemade fruit popsicles and cold teething rings to be more useful for babies.
Keep the choking risks in mind as you choose a teething biscuit recipe for your baby.
For ideas on teething foods for babies check this older post of mine.
Easy And Healthy Homemade Teething Biscuits
This recipe uses Whole Foods ingredients and is suited for toddlers 1 years and above. I have used jaggery in the recipe in minimal amounts to keep the added sugars low overall and still enhance the sweet flavor of the biscuits. You can skip the jaggery powder if you like.
Homemade Teething Biscuit
- 1 cup oats flour
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 tbsp jaggery powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- flaxseed egg
- Make the flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp of flaxseed powder with 2 tbsps of water and let it sit for 20 minutes to form a gel like mixture.
- In a bowl add the oats flour, mashed banana, jaggery powder, flax egg and oil and combine to form a dough.
- If the dough feels sticky let it sit for a while until the liquid ingredients are completely absorbed and then roll again.
- Make into long finger length shapes and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes until the corners are dark brown and biscuit hard.
- Cool completely to let the biscuits harden further.
Save this recipe for the next time your toddler is suffering from teething pain.
Cookie recipes for toddlers :
For more yummy and healthy snack recipes and toddler meal ideas check the recipes section of this blog.