One recipe that I was looking forward to trying on my own was butter cookies. A good cookie and a cup of tea is my idea of tea time. Growing up we had Good Day butter biscuits at tea time in our home. This year as I tried out different cookie recipes in a bid to make everything at home from scratch, I perfected this butter cookie recipe. It is so easy to make and is made to pair with my evening cup of tea.
These butter cookies are loaded with butter and make for an indulgent treat. They reminded me of my old neighborhood bakery and the soft chewy cookies that we would buy from there. I think these will fit in perfectly on your Christmas breakfast table or as a gift to a loved one this Christmas.
Here we go,
EASY BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar powdered
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- In another mixing bowl add the butter and eggs and mix those well.
- Now add the wet ingredients and a few drops of vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and combine well to form a cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into balls and flatten to make cookie shapes. Place on a baking tray and bake at 180C for 20 minutes until golden brown.
If you love cookies, you must also check these almond flour cookies. These are so soft and melt in your mouth and make a great snack option for both adults and kids.
Save this pin for the next time you crave a cookie to quickly reference this butter cookie recipe.
If you try these don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment on how it was.