One of the easiest ways to introduce chicken to babies is by making chicken patties. These are easy to hold for babies and can be made using chicken mince so that it is easy for babies to eat. In today’s post, I will show you how to prepare chicken patties for babies, toddlers, and older children.
Related reading: Read here on how to introduce new foods to babies.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PATTY AT HOME FOR YOUR BABY AND TODDLERS
This chicken patties recipe contains a mix of potatoes and chicken that make it very easy to form a disc shape and can be shallow fried or baked to suit your family’s needs.
To make the chicken patties baby-led weaning friendly you can either shape them as a round flat disc or into finger-length shapes for easy grasp.
The spices can be tweaked to make it milder for a baby. You can use chicken mince or shredded chicken pieces as per your convenience.
To understand how to add spices to baby food, you can read this post.
Chicken patties for babies, toddlers, and kids
- 4 potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup chicken mince/shredded
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder/paprika
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- handful coriander chopped
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Make patty shapes, and dip them in the egg mixture. Make egg mixture by mixing 1 egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Shallow fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with green chutney or ketchup.
HOW TO SERVE CHICKEN PATTIES TO BABIES, TODDLERS, AND KIDS
- These chicken patties are great as finger food for baby-led weaning.
- You can also make these chicken patty for burgers.
- For picky eaters who don’t eat a lot of vegetables, making chicken mince patties can be a good way to add some finely chopped vegetables too. The children hardly notice the vegetables.
- This easy chicken recipe can also be used in kids’ lunch boxes or as a snack after school.
CHICKEN PATTY RECIPES FOR TODDLERS
Toddlers go through many finicky and picky eating phases making it hard for parents to get the child to eat a balanced diet.
Here are some more chicken patties recipes for toddlers that contain vegetables, nuts and seeds and many more nutritious add ins.
Most toddlers will enjoy these if they like chicken patty.
Save this pin to refer to this recipe in the future.
Hope you try this easy chicken patties recipe for babies. Tell me how it goes in the comments below. Until next time.